Delay in cargo clearance? These points must be paid attention to!
Customs clearance refers to a procedure that requires compliance with various laws and regulations for the import, export, or transit of goods within the customs territory of a certain country. Another term is also called customs clearance. The goods are under the supervision of the customs during the customs clearance period. Circulating. If there is a result, there must be a cause. Since there will be a delay in customs clearance, there must be a reason. Then, what are the reasons?
1. The reason for the goods itself
(1) The goods are prohibited goods: all countries in the world have their prohibited goods, such as drugs, guns and ammunition, weapons, etc. Everyone is familiar with them. These are all prohibited from entering the world. Animals, plants, meat, and books are banned from entry in almost every country; the United States prohibits the entry of Chinese herbal medicines; the United Kingdom prohibits the entry of milk and meat products; Singapore prohibits the entry of electronic cigarettes; goods that are prohibited from entering the country will be subject to customs after they reach the customs of the destination country Seized or returned directly,
(2) The goods are brand-name and infringing products: protected by intellectual property rights, when you are selling products, you must have the authorization of the brand. When these products enter the country, the customs will require a brand authorization letter. If not, customs clearance will be delayed. , The customs detained the goods and even ordered them to be returned directly.
(3) The goods are sensitive goods such as powders, liquids and charged: it must be clear that sensitive goods such as powders, liquids, charged magnets, solids, etc. are more likely to be inspected by the customs than general goods, and the customs clearance time is longer than general goods. , These products are generally delayed during customs clearance. It is recommended that sellers must ask the recipient if they are capable of customs clearance before sending these products.
2. Agent or cargo owner's own reasons
(1) The complete information of the goods is not standardized and incomplete: the agent or the owner of the goods themselves fills in the information and documents incompletely, such as the product quantity is incorrect, the product name is written randomly (for example, the product itself is shoes, and the declared product name writes clothes), The declared value does not match the actual value of the goods (many sellers have done this, in order to allow the recipient to pay less or exempt tax, the declared value of the goods is reported lower, but if it is too low, it will cause customs Attention, leading to delays in customs clearance). If the commercial invoice is incomplete, the sender must provide a new and complete commercial invoice.
(2) Logistics transportation method: In order to save freight and earn the freight difference of the recipient, the seller chooses the logistics transportation channel with cheaper price and longer transportation time. The cheaper the price, the longer the transportation time, and the slower the customs processing speed. , The more easily the goods are lost.
3. Customs reasons
(1) Routine customs inspection: Customs conduct random inspections of goods. If your goods are spot-checked, you can only wait without any assistance from the recipient. Routine inspections are usually completed within 1-3 working days. , If the customs considers that the goods are okay, they will release it.
(2) Taxation: The customs believes that the declared value of your goods does not match the actual value and requires the recipient to clear the customs. If your declared value is consistent with the value of the goods, but the customs believes that it is different, in this case, you can go to customs with the proof of the value of the goods. If the declared value of your goods is indeed inconsistent with the actual, under-reported or over-reported, and the customs finds it, the recipient will need to pay customs duties.
(3) Black customs: Some countries and regions have dark customs. In order to make money, even if there is no problem with your goods, they will charge you taxes, but they will not clear the customs for you. You will pay taxes after you have paid the taxes. You pass.
4. Reason for recipient
(1) Unwilling to pay taxes: The goods need to pay taxes, the taxes are too high or the taxes have exceeded the value of the goods themselves, the recipient is unwilling to pay high taxes, and the goods are stored at the customs office without paying taxes and customs clearance. After the customs clearance period expires, it will be auctioned or returned by the customs.
(2) The recipient does not have relevant documents: For example, the recipient does not have an import license, and the recipient cannot provide the required customs clearance documents, resulting in delays in the goods and customs clearance.
(3) Scam buyers: In order to get the goods for free, some scam buyers deliberately failed to clear customs and did not pay taxes, so they kept the goods on the market forever, and then dealt with the seller over tax issues. Or do not sign for the goods, because knowing that the return freight is very expensive, the sender is unwilling to return the goods, and the recipient tells the sender to return the goods, so there is a reason to say that they want to get the goods for free. Or buy multiple products at once and choose the small package series of logistics transportation. We all know that small package transportation is slow, logistics information update is slow or even no information, even if the scam buyer receives the goods, they can tell the sender that they did not receive the goods. ,ask for refund.
5. Other reasons
(1) Environment: such as customs strikes, port workers' strikes, airport workers' strikes, logistics personnel's strikes; or the occurrence of natural disasters or wars.
(2) Policy: Customs clearance in some countries is relatively slow, the efficiency of customs clearance is slow, and the customs clearance procedures are cumbersome and complicated, such as Brazil. Or the corresponding national policy requires the customs to clear how and how to clear it.